Abortion via Remote Control
Chemicals, A Monitor, and a Doctor…Somewhere Else
Your prompt action is needed!!
It is time to make your voice heard to protect pregnant women and girls from Planned Parenthood’s latest abortion scheme
Ask the IDAHO HOUSE State Affairs Committee to Vote Yes on HB154
Read the bill here >>
HB 154 WILL BE HEARD IN HOUSE STATE AFFAIRS 8:30 MONDAY 2-26-15
The Issue: What is a Web-cam Abortion?
"Web-cam abortions" are (RU-486) chemical abortions done by a video conferencing system where the abortionist is located at one location and uses a closed circuit TV to talk over a computer video screen with a woman who is at another location. The chemicals are dispensed by a remote control which opens a drawer near the woman. She removes the pills herself. The abortionist never sees the woman in person. They’re never actually in the same room.
What Does HB 154, the “IDAHO PHYSICIAN PRESENT ACT” Do?
It is actually very modest. Put most simply, it requires a physician prescribing RU-486 deal to conduct an in-person examination of the woman before giving her the drug(s). That examination should involve confirmation of the baby’s gestational age and whether the baby is located in the uterus (as opposed to the fallopian tube).
The bill requires a physician to make “every effort” to get the woman back in for a follow-up examination after the abortion is completed, to make sure that the abortion has actually been completed, and to determine whether the woman has any complications (i.e., bleeding, infection).
What Do these RU-486 Pills Do?
Ru-486 involves a 2-drug regimen, mifepristone (mif’-pris-tone) and misoprostol (my’-so-prost’-ol).
The first drug is taken to kill the baby by depriving it of oxygen and food. The woman/girl takes this in front of the webcam.
She takes the other pills home to take later, several days later. She will go into labor and expel the baby…often all alone.
As you would think, these chemical cocktails can be very dangerous.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP PROTECT IDAHO’s PREGNANT MOMS?
- Call the main switchboard @ 208-332-1000 between 8:00am & 5:00 pm weekdays to leave a message for the entire House State Affairs Committee asking them to Vote YES on HB154
- Send an email to the members of the House State Affairs Committee: (Here is a little help)
- Copy and paste the list of Representatives’ email addresses from the bottom of this Alert into the “Blind Copy” or “BCC” box of your email message. Insert your own email address in the “To” box.
- In your “Subject” box put “SUPPORT HB 154”
- Begin your message with “Dear Representative” as your salutation
- Compose a short and polite message that ends by you thanking them. Below are some bullet points to help with your email.
Finally, PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
THANK YOU! GREAT THINGS HAPPEN IN IDAHO WHEN YOU SPEAK OUT!
House State Affairs Committee Members
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Bullet Points For HB154
- No qualified medical personnel examines the woman and rule out life-threatening risks such as an ectopic pregnancy.
- What happens if there is a complication? Who cares for the woman when the doctor who gave her the chemical drug has never even examined her?
- Chemical abortions via webcam are a lucrative business model designed to minimize overhead for Planned Parenthood
- Chemical abortions are less messy for Planned Parenthood and more traumatizing for women, because the women and teens are forced to deal with the hemorrhaging and the dead baby at home – alone.
- Chemical abortions are not less intrusive. They are more abusive
- Complications can include excessive blood loss requiring transfusion, Undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy, bacterial infection, hospitalization and death
- Web-cam chemical abortion is an irresponsible corruption of legitimate telemedicine