Your prompt action is needed to PROTECT THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF PARENTS
HB 113 “IDAHO FUNDAMENTAL PARENTAL RIGHTS PROTECTION”
SENATE STATE AFFAIRS COMMITTEE on MONDAY(03-09-15) 8:00AM
READ House Bill 113 : It explicitly states that, “Parents and legal guardians who have legal custody of minor children have a fundamental right to make decisions concerning the care, custody, education and control of their children.”
The Idaho Legislature has never instructed the courts as to how much protection your rights as a parent deserve. Because of this, there is a very real possibility—based on recent trends—that the courts will downgrade your parental rights. This could mean losing the right to make ordinary decisions about your children.
YOU have a rare opportunity to add your voice to the growing chorus of voices asking the legislature to protect YOUR fundamental rights from court redefinition and government intrusion.
What Can YOU DO?
- Call 208-332-1000 to leave a message for the entire SENATE State Affairs Committee AND for Your Own Senator, asking them to Vote YES on HB113….AND…
- Send an email to the members of the Senate State Affairs Committee: (Here is a little help)
- Copy and paste the list of Senators’ email addresses from the bottom of this Alert into the “Blind Copy” or “BCC” box of your email message. Insert your own email address in the “To” box.
- In your “Subject” box put “SUPPORT HB 113”
- Begin your message with “Dear Representative” as your salutation
- Compose a short and polite message explaining why the Representatives should support House Bill 113. In your own words, for example:
- The right of parents to direct the upbringing and education of their children has been recognized as a fundamental right for centuries.
- The family is the cornerstone of society and must be strengthened.
- A steady erosion of support for parental rights has been taking place within the federal courts—leaving the child-parent relationship exposed to the eminent danger of government intrusion. HB 113 would place in statute that parental rights is a fundamental right.
- Bring accountability for illegal intrusion into family relationships.
- Society does better when the state does not interfere in the family. Children raised by their parents are the most successful in the long run.
- Our state laws should uphold that which is best for our society.
- End by thanking them for their service to our state.
- Please attend the hearing in Boise scheduled for 8:00 a.m. It will be held in the state Capitol building either in West Wing Room 55 or the adjacent Lincoln auditorium. A big crowd will send a message to the committee!
- Finally: PLEASE forward this email to as many friends and family members as possible & encourage them to join you in speaking out!
Senate State Affairs Committee Members:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
MORE INFORMATION >>
Background: For many years now, we have seen sometimes-tragic instances of bureaucrats, health care practitioners, and even child protective services personnel overruling parental decisions with respect to the care, custody, control, and education of children.
This bill will make it clear that parents or guardians alone have both the right and the responsibility to determine how a child is to be raised and educated. If this bill passes, this will continue to be the guiding presumption except in those rare instances where parents or guardians have been proven to be neglectful or abusive.
This bill will expressly bring Idaho law into line with U. S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to the 1920’s. And it will prevent this crucial right from being rescinded by future Supreme Court edict.